Friday, August 10, 2012

Autism

My Son was born 3/11/10. Today at 2 years old he carries a diagnosis of classical autism. I regret admittedly that before my son I didn't know what autism was, but it is something that we are all learning about. I remember the day I first went to the internet and typed "My son is two and doesn't talk." It ultimately lead me to Autism Speaks and a list of signs of Autism. Out of an extensive list he had all but two. I called his speech pathologist at the time and I said, I think its autism... she said it may not be. A month into the diagnosis process I sent a text ti my mother... "It's autism". I had already begun the grieving process, frantically searching the net to find out what happened to my son and why. VALENTINES DAY... was the day it began. They told me they couldn't give me a diagnosis in an hour, but expect it. He highly highly likely has autism
... get on the list
July 2nd we had his official diagnosis. "A young man now diagnosed with autsm. "I have come to the point that I have accepted my son for who he is. Autism isn't who he is, but it is a part of him

No comments:

Post a Comment